Robert Mallon and Bill Watkins are two best friends who together have over 80 years of professional experience as leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, and coaches. For years, they kept hearing from men struggling to grow their companies and careers without screwing up their lives. That's why Bill and Robert founded Rusty Lion Academy and developed their proprietary framework called "The Launch Sequence™." When men master this process they get what they want most in the most important areas of their lives. When they do, they live present and fulfilled while still making the Big Impact they were put on this earth for.
Bill and Robert are looking for business owners, leaders, and entrepreneurs between the ages of 30-49 with unrealized potential who want to be more than they’ve already become.
I invite you to get in the conversation and learn more about how you can live your life of abundance.
[8:00] So, where are you at in the World?
[9:04] 's Attitude of Gratitude
- His son's dog was able to get to the vet
- Robert said his son told him he was grateful for his dad.
- I am grateful that my son's lived through a very dangerous situation
[11:00] Let's get Personal
- I got a coach early on who helped me get into speaking
- Was married to my third grade school sweetheart for 26 years.
- She got cancer in 2002 and passed away from cancer in 2005
- God later put another amazing woman in my life who is my wife now.
- We have 5 grown kids and a granddaughter.
Bill Watkins "Robert's Best Friend"
- West Point Graduate
- Decorated Army Officer
- Corporate America Executive
- World Class Bicycle Athlete
- Married to my High School sweetheart
- Love the outdoors
[18:51] How did you two get connected and become friends?
[22:25] What is your Biggest Kick in the Gut Moment?
- My parents divorced when I was 10 years old
- I had three men in my life as a young boy who really made me feel like my life mattered
- The day my wife called me and told me she had stage four breast cancer. I can't remember much else that was said after that.
Do not Fear for I am with you. Do not be afraid for I am your God. I will strengthen you and I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
- God does not promise you a life free of pain
Bill Watkins - One of the reasons I never reached out was because I thought I was the only one. I later found out that all of us are struggling at some point in our life.
[37:35] What about a good news story or big win?
- Reading from a prospect
Paying it Forward
[53:53] Action Steps you can take today.
- To bring your best game, control your morning to get your day started right
- You have old friends, maintenance friends and treasured friends. Call your treasured friends and say...
- Don't set New Years Resolutions. Set End of the Year Intentions
- Celebrate yourself
[47:57] What daily habits make the biggest impact in your life?
- Exercise and fitness
- Take time every day to connect with my wife
- Excellent health
- Get enough sleep (7-8 hours of quality sleep each and every night)
[49:49] What are you reading or listening to right now and why?
- Essentialism - Greg McKeown
- Deep Work - Cal Newport
Start your 30 day Audible trial and Free Book
[50:34] What does Living A Life of Abundance mean to you?
- Freedom - Financial Freedom, Time Freedom, Location Freedom
[51:47] Parting piece of guidance
- Get out of your comfort zone and stay out of it.
Connect with our Feature Guest
- Book - On Fire - John O'Leary