In order to be a man of abundance you will want to be a protector, provider, and presider over yourself, your family, your business and your community. This is the conversation today. Ryan Michler is the founder and creator of the Order of Man Podcast and the Iron Council. We have a very candid conversation about what it means to be a man, as well as a man of abundance.
Ryan Michler is a husband, father, Iraqi Combat Veteran, and the Founder of Order of Man. Ryan grew up without a permanent father figure and has seen first-hand how a lack of strong, ambitious, self-sufficient men has impacted society today.
Ryan believes many of the world’s most complicated problems could be solved if men everywhere learned how to be better husbands, fathers, businessmen, and community leaders. It has now become his life’s mission to help men across the planet step more fully into their roles as protectors, providers, and presiders over themselves, their families, their businesses, and their communities.
You can find Ryan blogging and podcasting at Order of Man where he is working to help men become all they were meant to be.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click a time stamp below to time travel directly to that point in the conversation.)
[spp-timestamp time="4:20"] So, where are you at in the World?
- Southern Utah
[spp-timestamp time="4:45"] Attitude of Gratitude
- I've got a ton to be grateful for.
- My son's 9th birthday
- I'm grateful all four of my children and my wife.
[spp-timestamp time="5:38"] Let's get Personal
- I did not have a male role model growing up
- My wife and I hit rock bottom and ended up in our separation.
- Business was not going great
- So I started working on myself as a man
- We launched Order of Man two years ago
[spp-timestamp time="9:45"] What do you think holds most men back from sharing their stories?
- Fear of ridicule, rejection, mocking and potential failure.
- Knowing it's all on the individual
[spp-timestamp time="12:28"] Order of Man is not a "safe space" for men.
[spp-timestamp time="15:26"] Kick in the Gut Moment
- The biggest was when my wife and I went through the separation.
[spp-timestamp time="16:00"] Enough is Enough Moment
- I realized I could not control my wife or any other person. I can only control myself.
[spp-timestamp time="17:00"] What did you discover about yourself?
- Patience was a big thing.
- We need to make time for ourselves.
[spp-timestamp time="22:00"] How did Order of Man come to be?
[spp-timestamp time="26:35"] Good News Story from Order or Man Experience.
- Men are getting raises at work.
- Job promotions
- Losing Weight
Paying it Forward
[spp-timestamp time="27:43"] Action Steps you can take today.
- Find a system for planning out your day.
- Take time throughout the day for reflection.
- After Action Review - Five very simple questions
- What did I get done?
- What didn't get done?
- What did I do well?
- What didn't I do so well?
- How can I approve?
[spp-timestamp time="30:19"] What daily habits make the biggest impact in your life?
- Exercise is huge for me.
- I read a ton of books. And I'm actually reading more fiction.
[spp-timestamp time="32:04"] What are you reading or listening to right now and why?
Start your 30 day Audible trial and get Your Free Book
[spp-timestamp time="35:22"] What does Living A Life of Abundance mean to you?
- For me it's about autonomy. Having total control over my life.
[spp-timestamp time="35:59"] Because I am a Man of Abundance.
[spp-timestamp time="38:20"] Parting piece of guidance
- Taking action
- You can not make a million dollars off an idea.
Connect with our Feature Guest
Wally's Take Away:
- Men, we all of a message from all or our experiences. Many of our experiences suck. Chances are, you got through it. Other men are going through similar issues. They need your help getting through it.
- Get into a group of men like Order of Man or Men of Abundance.
- Let go of the ego to become the man you know you should be. Become a man of abundance.