Always be prepared to make a change in your business or your job. Just when you think you have control of your life, your job, your business, your income and your way of life, something is going to come along and knock you off your feet. I want you to be prepared for that mentally, physically and financially. David Bain and I talk a bit about his experience and we give you a few ideas about how to be prepared.
David Bain is the founder and host of Digital Marketing Radio, the weekly podcast and video show that prises actionable advice from today’s top marketers. And he’s also author of the newly published book, Digital Marketing in 2017. Find out about that and more over at DigitalMarketingRadio.com.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click a time stamp below to time travel directly to that point in the conversation.)
[spp-timestamp time=”6:29″] So, where are you at in the World?
- Near Greenwich London – UK
[spp-timestamp time=”6:59″] Attitude of Gratitude
- I’m grateful to be born when I was and where I was.
[spp-timestamp time=”9:27″] Let’s get Personal
- I’ve been involved in digital marketing for 17 years.
- I was managing hotels and restaurants before I got started with digital marketing.
- I figured out how to build websites and get traffic to websites and continued to build on that.
- I started podcasting the following year and never looked back.
[spp-timestamp time=”15:46″] Kick in the Gut Moment
- My kick in the gut moment was when I was thinking of was through a company called one in one internet. I was making decent money with my online business. I had my domain name and hosting through this company. They accused me of spamming and shut my entire site down for about 2 months.
Lesson Learned – Have domain and website hosted on your own platform.
[spp-timestamp time=”18:42″] Enough is Enough Moment
- Fortunately I was doing live seminars at the time so I was still doing OK with income.
- I ended up getting a job as a digital marketing manager. That let me sit back and review what I wanted to do with my business from there.
[spp-timestamp time=”21:40″] What are you doing now?
Paying it Forward
[spp-timestamp time=”26:54″] Action Steps you can take today.
- Stop doing marketing that you don’t love to do.
- Commit to being consistent.
- Build relationships with industry leaders AND make them look good.
[spp-timestamp time=”29:48″] What daily habits make the biggest impact in your life?
- I try to be reasonably fit. So I go to the gym 1-2 hours a day.
- I read often and listen to podcasts.
[spp-timestamp time=”30:47″] What are you reading or listening to right now and why?
- The Magic of Thinking Big – David J. Schwartz
Start your 30 day Audible trial and get Your Free Book
[spp-timestamp time=”31:37″] What does Living A Life of Abundance mean to you?
- Not thinking I will never be able to do that.
[spp-timestamp time=”32:18″] Parting piece of guidance
- You should not be scared of doing something. You should be scared of saying “I wish I would have.”
Connect with our Feature Guest
Wally’s Take Away:
Always be prepared to make a shift in your life, relationships, career and even in your business. You never know when life is going to through you a curve ball. You can either duck and let it fly by you, or you can catch it, keep it or though it back. Hey, I just made that up.
Go out and live your life of abundance. And make sure to pay it forward.
Udemy.com – Udemy is an online learning and teaching marketplace with over 45000 courses and 15 million students. Learn programming, marketing, data science and… Master new skills and achieve goals on Udemy and discover stories of Udemy students and instructors, career opportunities, and company news and events.
Sponsors and Affiliates (Helping me keep the mic on.)
Podcast Websites – Your All-in-One solution for your podcast and podcast website.
I want to provide an amazing experience to you, Men of Abundance. While I love learning new things and techniques, I also know how important it is to FOCUS on what I’m good at. That’s, in part, why I decided to get Podcast Websites in my corner to help me build an incredible podcast website experience for you and make it easier on me. This is one of the best decisions I’ve made on this journey so far. I know it will be for you as well.
Get Full Access Right Here, Right Now – Use Promo Code HOSTME for a $10 Discount